Monday, January 01, 2007

Hyderabad Salary Survey : Informal survey of friends, recruiters and others in my professional network


First let me take this opportunity to Wish you all a Happy and Prosperous new year 2007. Hyderabad was a happening place for the last few days with a number of parties all around the city.

After receiving a ton of emails about salaries in Hyderabad, I decided to do a survey of my contacts in local companies, recruiters and others who have been involved in the placement industry. What I present here is very unscientific and should not be considered an official survey. Also, please note that Indian Salary are based on the concept of CTC ( Cost to Company ) and that makes it very hard to compare offers of two companies. There are companies that include every component including their contribution to PF, and other companies that try to be fair by including only the real components that are being given to you.

The remaining article has moved to our new blog at hyderabad.mylifemysite.com

7 comments:

Sudhir Reddy said...

Hi

I am sorry I couldn't find your name in your blog. As an NRI doctor in the process of shifting back to Hyderabad I stumbled upon your blog. I must admit I always used to be dismissive about blogs but I have really enjoyed readinng your blog and it gave me lot of information and insight into the things involved in shifting to Hyderabad.
Can I request you for some information. As you did I am struggling to organise school admissions for my children. You have through this so you may be able to suggest me some good schools in and around Banjara Hills as I will be workingg in Banjara hills. I would be grateful for the information.

Anonymous said...

Schools are plenty in Hyderabad, but getting an admission into a good one needs some work.

The admission processes have already started in december and you may be a little late depending on the grade you are looking to put your kids in.

Schools like Oakridge and Srinidhi seem to accept students anytime with full payment. It also depends on which class your kids will be attending.

I recommend the yahoo R2H group since many have asked the same question and lot more folks can provide input about this.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/r2h/messages

Content Management Musings said...

Hi ...brother ...
I love your blog and the information given herein ...I am currently working as a Business Development Manager in a Midsize IT company. I hold an Engineering Degree from a top college and also an MBA degree from one of the top 5 MBA colleges in India. I am interested in some of the profiles that google might be interested in for MBAs...can you kindly shed some lights on it please?

Thanks and Regards
Prithvi.......

you can mail me

prithvi_xlri@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Really great posts. I just stumbled across it this morning and have gone through a few of them. I have been living outside India for the last 17 years so the info you share is giving me a great feeling for what´s happening back home.

Can you post some data on the cost of living there, for adults as well as for kids. How much housing, education, transportation, food, etc. cost? Would be nice to know this as a sort of comparison with the CTC data you posted.

Arun said...

I have done a blog post on Indian IT salaries compared to Singapore etc, using data from the Paycheck site. Linked to this post from there

http://simplicity-works-everytime.blogspot.com/2007/03/pay-checks-in-indian-it-finance-and.html

De-Silva said...

Hi R2I HYD,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts both prior to AND after R2I....some wonderful information in your blogs! You are doing a great service to fellow R2Iers by chronicling your path! :-)

I'm looking to R2I to Bangalore in Jan / Feb 2008 and will check out your blog in greater detail!

Thanks again!

Arpit Guglani said...

How much does Microsoft and Google actually pay (not CTC) but cash in hand - for a fresh grad?