Friday, March 23, 2007

World Cup Fever in Hyderabad ???

World Cup 2007 fever will subside in a few hours. All the preparations with TV's, Score Boards, Intra and Inter company events etc., that were planned for the duration of the World Cup will no longer carry the hype that they started with..

India is 112/6 and yuvraj's runout followed by Dhoni's Duck washed out any hope I had for winning against Sri Lanka.

First, I feel sorry for the viewers in India including myself since Sony plays an ad every couple of balls making it very tough to keep up with the flow of the game. Editing is so bad that they cut to ads without realizing that some thing key is happening on the field.

Second, I dont understand the marketing geniuses running the ad campaigns for the world cup. Highlights were the ads of Sachin shown immediately after he was out, followed by Dhoni's 7 up ad after he was out. If Indian fans are passionate and crazy enough to thrash dhoni's house after the bangladesh fiasco.. it doesnt take much to stop 7up sales in India.

In the time I took to scribble 2 thoughts.. Agarkar's time was up. . 138 for 7..

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/news/story?id=2809756

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi:
I have been following your blog regularly. The info you put out regarding the real estate market in Hyd is of interest to me as it is more educated than what I hear from relatives and friends in Hyd. Anyway, could you post a quick update on the real estate market in hyd.
Thanks,
--kiran